Thursday, December 22, 2005

Solo at the Dolphin

I'm sure this is Christmas 1968. Hmmm, only 37 years ago.. Not such a long time really. It looks like everyone is having a good time. I see one of the Seeburg cabinets at stage right and also my Vox Conqueror amplifier.
I don't remember why I was there by myself, but I did have Brian Rossi playing the drums and Tommy Bates on the organ, which reminds me of several of Brian's favourite lines......... Tonight I'm sitting here about 3500 miles away, drinking a Newcastle Brown and thinking of the pints of mild I used to enjoy back then.
One night when Jimmy and I drove up I saw a little white mouse crouching and looking terrified right next to the wall. The headlights must have frozen it. I jumped out of the car, picked it up, put it in my top pocket and then went inside. A few minutes later I was talking with some girls when the little creature peeped out to take a look around. I still remember the screams and spilled drinks.. Very funny. It so happened it belonged to Bill Robinson's daughter and she was very relieved to get it back. I have so many fond memories of those days.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trish O'Hara said...

I remember Brian Rossi, I used to live at the Showboat after the Robinsosn left, my Dad was Bob Caine!

12:10 PM  
Blogger Trish O'Hara said...

Hi, I remember the Showboat well, we moved in after the name was changed, my Dad managed it, Bob Caine, it's when they opened the Gallopers, one of the best disco's at the time with Pete Scofield.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Philip John Brooks said...

Hello Trish, I left Cleveleys in 1969 and moved to London. from there I left for the U.S.A.
I don't remember the Showboat. Maybe it was named after I left. Thanks for your interest, Philip

4:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I can remember losing my pet hamster whilst living there (I'm sure you remember that Trish) apparently it was found, cage and all in the Cleveley's toilets!! Must be something about that place and losing little critters :-)

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home