Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Comedy



This is one of my favourite performers at the Dolphin, Dezi Arnold, a very funny man. The last time I saw Dezi was at a newsagents in Cleveleys, near Jimmy's house. He will be missed.

On the right is a photograph of Joey Holliday, another great comedian who performed very often. I believe he became a school teacher. Anyone please correct me if I'm wrong.

My post from a couple of days ago shows a drawing of the Dolphin Bar. If you look carefully at the very front, slightly to the left, you will see Jim Parkinson's wife.
She is very recognisable to anyone who knew her.

I also placed a link to The Del Vykings website. They arrived at the Dolphin around 1969-1970. A fabulous band. They have a great photo taken with Brian Rossi and Brian London. The latter was a good friend of Bill Robinson and a frequent visitor to the Dolphin. He was twice a contender for the European heavyweight boxing championship and is the only man I personally know who fought Cassius Clay. If you look, I believe you will see him right behind Ringo on the Sgt. Pepper album. More to follow.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home