Saturday, December 10, 2005

The Country Pie

The Jimmy Rose Duo eventually became the Country Pie. This pic. was taken at the Red Cow in Hammersmith, London. It was just one venue of about seven or so, that we rotated through, a different place each night and sunday lunch.

Does anyone recognise the guy on bass? On drums is Tony Halligan, someone I met while playing with the Detroits showband. One night while we were playing at the Adam and Eve in Brentford Brian Rossi visited and performed with us. As you can see, back then all we would consider using was Vox amplifiers. If you look at my foot you will see one of the very first pedal boards. I made this one out of plywood and it controlled the volume, tone, Binson echo, wah wah, reverb and tremolo. The Gretsch, I still have and will never part with it. I bought it used in 1965 and I still think it's best instrument I have ever owned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home