Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Red Falcon, trawler

I was in my library and found a photograph of the Red Falcon trawler taken by Peter Horsley of Fleetwood. It was the subject of a song on my Fishermen of Fleetwood album. The photo is copyrighted so I can't post it here, but click on the following site for more info.

http://www.fleetwood-trawlers.connectfree.co.uk/falcon.html

I remember vividly the loss of the trawler because one of my neighbours in Broadwaters was a member of the crew. I was compelled to write this song and tell the story because of my family's connection with the sea. My father was from Lowestoft, another great fishing town, and when I was growing up we had many of his fishermen friends visit. We would play card games such as "rummy" and "cribbage" and I was always fascinated by the stories that were told of life at sea.
www.philipjohnbrooks.com


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home