Sunday, December 03, 2006

Speedak, Blackpool

Here is another Speedak photograph. It was probably taken during the same session as the others. Jimmy is holding his Hofner or Hohner guitar. I don't remember which, but as you can see, it is highly customized. On the body of the guitar you will see the tooled leather. Jimmy did all his own work. This was probably done before the Telecaster owned by Waylon Jennings. On the neck Jimmy put his name. I think I remember him doing this with old pearl buttons that he located. I would have to ask to know for sure. Nevertheless, you can see he is incredibly talented. Sometimes he even made our stage clothes.
This photo is about 38 years old and I'm holding the same Gretsch Chet Atkins guitar that I played last night at the Beef Baron in Baldwin, Georgia. A guitar I have now owned for over 40 years. The sound it produces still amazes me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home